Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trader Joe's - Panettone (Trader Giotto's)

Trader Giotto's Panettone (Trader Joe's)
Traditional Italian
Oven-Baked Cake
Cost: $4.99
Product of Italy
Net WT. 26.5 oz (1LB 10.5 OZ) 750g
Special labeling:
No Artificial Colors or Flavors
No Preservatives

Nutrition Information:
Serving size is 1/9 of the cake for 300 Calories. 

Close up of the cake
I was able to open the box on the bottom and pull out the cake. The cake itself is in a plastic bag with a twisty tie, and has some sort of paper wrapped around it. There is also a paper cover on the bottom. 

This cake only has "Sultana Raisins" (Turkish rasins according to package) and "Candied Orange Peels" added to it. I think this much better than other similar cakes because I do not like lots of the candied fruit. The cake is also moist inside; it is not dry at all. The front also indicates that it is made with "Creamy French Butter." However it is made, it is made very well.

The only problem I have had eating it, is that my knife is not long enough to cut to the bottom. This usually results in loosing the bottom inch when I try to get a piece. This is in no way fault of the cake itself.

Considering it is a seasonal item, I think I may get another before they disappear. The stores around where I live seem to sell out of the seasonal items very fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment