Monday, September 20, 2010

Trader joe's - Tiramisu Torte



Trader joe's Tiramisu Torte. Made in Italy.

Package actually says Trader Giotto's. I am not sure if that is an overseas name or not but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

To eat it says defrost in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before eating. We did so without any problems.

The top is very dusty and the filling is nice. Only issue is the bottom was a little wet. We were both expecting something a bit drier. I don't know if it was an issue with the defrost or what. I think I am going to have to deduct a point on this aspect though.

Overall - 4 stars (-1 for the wet bottom)

I still think it is really good and have no problems with the flavor. I was just looking forward to a more cake like bottom and wasn't expecting it to be leaking fluid when I bite in. I don't think it took away from the flavor at all, and I really hope the refrigerator will help to dry it out a bit before tomorrow. This is not a reason to not buy, as I am still happy with the choice.

1 comment:

  1. Trader Giotto's is just the label that Trader Joe's puts on all their Italian dishes.

    Was the tiramisu worth the price?

    ReplyDelete